Business Development Manager, Europe
Albumedix is a recognised market-leading developer of albumin-enabled solutions for advanced therapies and next-generation biopharmaceuticals.
Are you our new Business Development Manager? As the pioneers in our field and experiencing growth through continued investment in people and infrastructure, Albumedix is looking to expand our sales team, to advance new business opportunities for our products and services.
As part of a focused and dynamic global team, you will be responsible for revenue growth by actively managing and forecasting the sales pipeline. In this important role, you will be the interface between the client and a close-knit team, developing strong, strategic client relationships to identify their goals and challenges and match them with Albumedix solutions.
As a successful candidate, you’ll need strong interpersonal skills, as you will be engaging with new clients to identify some of the greatest challenges they face in formulation, process development and manufacturing. You will be confident, resilient, tenacious and comfortable with responsibility and taking charge. Flexibility is important as the role will involve travel within Europe up to 30% of the time.
Due to the wide range of technical applications within a regulated industry, it is important that you have experience working in a B2B sales role within a life science or pharmaceutical environment. In addition, if you have experience selling reagents or consumables that would be a big plus!
Come to us with a creative spirit where new ideas and a sense of humour are welcomed – we work hard here and take the work, but not ourselves, too seriously.
Albumedix started more than 35 years ago as a beer brewing company riding on the biotech wave of the 90s and evolving to where we are now – the leading manufacturer of recombinant human albumin. Home to over 100 fantastic colleagues, you’ll join a company with a proud history and strong ambition for the future, an ambition all of our colleagues contribute to every day. We are proud of our friendly culture, based on our values of being Strong, Flexible and Supportive, both as individuals and as a company.
Our teams are welcoming, respectful and enthusiastic. We encourage ideas, collaboration and opinions and every colleague is provided with the resources, care, and trust to do their best work.
The success of our colleagues is important to us which is why we invest in them through continuous personal and professional development, through financial and mental well-being initiatives, social events, charitable activities and by providing state-of-the-art facilities.
The role will be based in our newly renovated and modern offices located on the Albumedix Campus in Nottingham with the flexibility for hybrid working
• Understand and effectively identify clients’ goals/challenges and match with Albumedix’s solutions
• Actively manage the sales pipeline by:
o i) Identifying and qualifying new potential clients
o ii) identifying and qualifying opportunities based upon fit between clients need and Albumedix’s value proposition
o iii) facilitating the clients unique buying process
o iv) maintaining regular contact points to advance opportunities to a conclusion
o v) maintaining an up-to-date client forecast
• Work collaboratively:
o with the Sales Director to identify goals and then to plan and execute activities autonomously
o with the Global Sales team, to align on global account strategy, share information and best practices
o with internal stakeholders, leveraging them to support and develop new opportunities
• Qualify inbound opportunities, based upon but not limited to; client’s company, responsibility, technical application, location and timeline
• Provide a high level of support to existing clients and a timely response to leads and developing opportunities
• Create and maintain comprehensive records within the Salesforce “Hubble” CRM system, relating to client communications, opportunities, forecasts and proposals
• Report monthly on progress made, market trends, competitor activities
• Represent Albumedix in international meetings, as well as at trade fairs, scientific conferences etc., related to their territory and market segments. Must be willing to travel up to 25% of time within market geography
• On occasion, take the lead with ad hoc projects relating to application expertise, collating and presenting to relevant internal stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFILE
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity, we’re looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
• Ideally, at least 3 years’ experience working in a B2B sales role within the life sciences industry. Experience within biopharmaceutical manufacturing would be very desirable
• Life science graduate
• Knowledge and understanding of the drug development process
• Experience working with Salesforce or CRM systems
• Highly articulate with excellent written communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to work independently with good attention to detail
• IT literate with MS office suite
• Full UK Driver’s license due to travel involved. Ability to travel internationally (estimated at 25%)
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Attractive salary reflective of skills and experience, and a performance-based bonus scheme
• Defined contribution pension scheme
• Private healthcare scheme
• Optional exercise classes and other social activities
• Excellent access to public transport
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION:
Please send a CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
• Strictly no calls or emails from recruitment agencies - we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from agencies
• We’re not able to assist individuals with visa sponsorship
ABOUT ALBUMEDIX – Dedicated to Better Health
Albumedix is a science-driven, biotechnology company focused on enabling the development and manufacture of advanced therapies and next-generation biopharmaceuticals through its innovative albumin-based solution platform, including its highest quality Recombinant Human Albumin products, hands-on Compliance and Development Services, as well as proprietary drug delivery technology.
We believe in Empowering Excellence to enable transformative and otherwise unviable therapies to reach patients worldwide. We are proud to be recognized as the world leader in recombinant human albumin with products and technologies used in clinical and marketed drugs by pharmaceutical companies worldwide.
Headquartered in Nottingham, England, with more than 100 people all committed to improving patient quality of life. We are just as passionate about albumin and albumin-enabled therapies today as we were when we started 30 years ago