- CURRENT VACANCIES
- DIRECTOR, VIRAL VECTOR APPLICATION RESEARCH
- Scientific Lead, Bioanalytical Chemist - Viral Vector Formulation
- Senior Research Scientist, Bioanalytical Chemist - Viral Vector Formulation
- Research Assistants, Viral Vector Applications
- Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Quality Assurance Manager
Director, Viral Vector Application Research
Albumedix is a recognized market leading developer of albumin-enabled solutions for advanced therapies and next-generation biopharmaceuticals. As pioneers in our field, we understand the importance of fostering a creative culture and the innovative interplay between talented people, and this is reflected daily in our work.
As a fast-paced life science business Albumedix is expanding and establishing a new application group within the Technology Group focused on viral vector-based therapies. As Director of our Viral Vector Application Research, you’ll have the unique opportunity of setting up the Viral Vector Application group, creating and managing a team of 4-5 scientists and associates. A key part of the role will also be to help to establish Albumedix in a leading position within the gene therapy and viral-based therapy industry through client and KOL engagements, external presentations and publications.
Working within a differentiated and fast-growing life science company as part of Albumedix’ Technology (R&D) Leadership team reporting directly to its Chief Technology Officer, you’ll spearhead the development and execution of Albumedix’ technical solution strategy related to bioprocessing, formulation and characterization of viral vector-based therapies. The role will be responsible for projects showing the use of albumin in the bioprocessing and formulation of viral vectors and viral vaccines for both internal and customer-driven projects, including working closely with Marketing, Business Development and Service Project teams. As such the role will have the responsibility to oversee the full range of viral vector projects.
The role will be based in our newly constructed, state-of-the-art Technology Center located on the Albumedix Campus in Nottingham with flexibility for hybrid working.
Albumedix is home to over 100 colleagues. We have a real community spirit and our colleagues support, care and inspire each other to achieve. Our dynamic and friendly culture is based on our values of being Strong, Flexible and Supportive. We’re proud to work with a range of people who have different backgrounds, experiences and personalities and united in our mission to improve patient quality of life.
Your duties as the Head of Viral Vector Application Research will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
• Line management and group leadership of a new team to the business.
• As a member of the company’s Technology Leadership team, you’ll translate corporate strategy as well as setting the strategic direction for the business’ gene therapy and viral vector-based therapy efforts. This includes creation and management of budgets, scheduling and resource management as well as working cross functionally with Market Development, Business Development and Project Management teams.
• Develop and maintain project plans, budgets and timelines, including both internal development projects and external client service projects, to realize short-term and long-term strategic objectives.
• Be the Subject Matter Expert on the development and production of viral vector-based therapies. Technically consult on virus-based therapeutics and develop processes and protocols to show the benefit of Albumedix’ albumin-based solutions on viral vector production, including its highest quality Recombinant Human Albumin products.
• Collaborate with Clients and our Commercial team, consulting technically on the Company’s capabilities and executing client service projects
• Collaborative engagement with internal and external stakeholders to drive efficient execution of operational and strategic plans
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFILE
We’re looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
• PhD with a preferred area of study: Biochemistry, Bioprocessing, Biological Engineering or Virology.
• Senior industry experience within bioprocessing, formulation development and/or CMC unit operations of viral vectors or viral vaccines.
• Proven and recognized expertise in virology, biology, bioanalytics and/or bioprocessing with an in-depth understanding of the technical requirements and solutions within viral vectors and gene therapies.
• Experience of successful line management and people development.
• Strong project management and execution experience with a demonstrated track record of successfully delivering complex technical projects, ideally within the CDMO or biotech/pharma sector.
• A working knowledge and practical experience with CMC regulations as well as knowledge of CMC challenges for Viral Vector Production.
• Commercial aptitude and an engaging communicator – both oral and written – with the ability to understand and translate technical/complex information into long-term strategic considerations.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage at all levels of the organization.
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Attractive salary reflective of skills and experience, and a performance-based bonus scheme
• Defined contribution pension scheme
• Private healthcare scheme
• Optional exercise classes and other social activities
• Excellent access to public transport
• 5-10% international travel should be expected
Albumedix is a science-driven, biotechnology company focused on enabling the development and manufacture of advanced therapies and next-generation biopharmaceuticals through its innovative albumin-based solution platform, including its highest quality Recombinant Human Albumin products, hands-on Compliance and Development Services, as well as proprietary drug delivery technology.
We believe in Empowering Excellence to enable transformative and otherwise unviable therapies reach patients worldwide. We are proud to be recognized as the world leader in recombinant human albumin with products and technologies used in clinical and marketed drugs by pharmaceutical companies worldwide.
Headquartered in Nottingham, England with more than 100 people all committed to improving patient quality of life. We are just as passionate about albumin and albumin-enabled therapies today as we were when we started 30 years ago.
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION:
Please send a CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org