Albumedix is a recognized market-leading developer of albumin-enabled solutions for advanced therapies and next-generation biopharmaceuticals.
As a fast-paced life science company, Albumedix is expanding, and we’re looking for an experienced Financial Controller to join our friendly Finance team!
This position will have primary responsibility for the Finance function and its day-to-day activities whilst providing strategic and financial guidance to ensure that the company's financial commitments are met. The role will also hold responsibility for developing all necessary policies and procedures to ensure sound financial management and control of the company’s business.
This exciting role will appeal to you if you are keen to develop and lead a small, high-performing team who are aligned with responsibilities and business objectives. As a successful candidate, you’ll need to be innovative with your approach, with the ability to formulate ideas to generate the most efficient and effective way of doing things. You will be confident, resilient, have a keen eye for detail and be results oriented. It is important that you are flexible and able to respond and adapt to varied situations whilst remaining effective in meeting the changing requirements of the work.
As a qualified accountant, you’ll have experience working in various financial roles. It is important that you can demonstrate the ability to work closely alongside and across all business functions, using your strong communication skills as you will be presenting to senior leaders of the business.
A sense of humour will be welcomed – we work hard and take the work, but not ourselves, too seriously! You’ll interact with friendly and supportive colleagues throughout the company.
Albumedix is home to over 100 fantastic colleagues. For over 30 years, we have been a team of innovative, helpful, and talented people who have a strong community spirit. We are proud of our friendly culture, based on our values of being Strong, Flexible and Supportive, both as individuals and as a company.
Our teams are welcoming, respectful, and enthusiastic. We encourage ideas, collaboration and opinions and every colleague is provided with the resources, care, and trust to do their best work.
The success of our colleagues is important to us, which is why we invest in them through continuous personal and professional development, financial and mental well-being initiatives, social events, charitable activities and by providing state-of-the-art facilities
The role will be based in our expanding Campus in Nottingham with the flexibility for some hybrid working.
• Responsible for the production of monthly and annual P&L reporting & auditing, preparing all financial statements, management accounts, and cash-flow forecasts.
• Management of working capital and cash flow – drive continual focus and accountability to improve cash management of the business.
• Develop and control the company’s annual operating budget to ensure that all financial targets are met, and financial and statutory regulations are complied with.
• Provide financial advice and guidance to the company's Functional Heads and staff to enable them to achieve their objectives.
• Develop and maintain all necessary systems, policies and procedures to ensure effective and efficient financial management within the company, including any new digitalisation of processes.
• Identify and help implement projects that enhance the efficiency and profitability of the business.
• Provide commercial input and rigorous financial appraisal of new business contracts to ensure benefits are realised, and financial risks understood.
• Develop, lead and retain a high-performing team within Finance that is aligned with responsibilities and the business objectives.
• Oversee and approve salaries and year-end reporting to tax authorities.
• Oversight of employee benefits (e.g., life insurance, income protection, healthcare).
• Assist/prepare alongside CFO the corporate tax filings for the company, including detailed R&D tax credits, patent box and any other relevant areas.
• Keep oversight on foreign currency exposure and place forward exchange contracts if appropriate.
• Maintain contacts with UK auditors, German auditors of parent company accounts and tax advisers.
• Oversight of administration overheads, rent, rates, parking levy, etc, that do not fall in specific areas of other managers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFILE
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity, we’re looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
• Qualified accountant with minimum 5 years in various financial roles.
• Excellent written, verbal, communication and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work closely alongside and across all functions is critical
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Attractive salary reflective of skills and experience and a performance-based bonus scheme
• Defined contribution pension scheme
• Private healthcare scheme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Optional free exercise classes and other social activities
• Excellent access to public transport
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION:
Please send a CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 13th February 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible
• Strictly no calls or emails from recruitment agencies - we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from agencies
• We’re not able to assist individuals with visa sponsorship
ABOUT ALBUMEDIX – Dedicated to Better Health
Albumedix is a science-driven, biotechnology company focused on enabling the development and manufacture of advanced therapies and next-generation biopharmaceuticals through its innovative albumin-based solution platform, including its highest quality Recombinant Human Albumin products, hands-on Compliance and Development Services, as well as proprietary drug delivery technology.
We believe in Empowering Excellence to enable transformative and otherwise unviable therapies reach patients worldwide. We are proud to be recognized as the world leader in recombinant human albumin with products and technologies used in clinical and marketed drugs by pharmaceutical companies worldwide.
Headquartered in Nottingham, England with more than 100 people all committed to improving patient quality of life. We are just as passionate about albumin and albumin-enabled therapies today as we were when we started 30 years ago.