In this role you will report to the Instrument Supervisor and be responsible for engineering maintenance activities to ensure our 24/7 manufacturing facility runs on schedule and to the defined standards. You will also support small engineering projects and larger capital investments within a highly regulated and controlled cGMP environment. Since we operate in a 24/7 production environment, the role will also entail the provision of out of hours support.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring maintenance activities are carried out in a safe, compliant and timely manner within the established KPI framework
- Project Support of small engineering projects
- To contribute and provide support as required for large capital investment projects
- Provision of routine out-of-hour’s emergency call-out support on the engineering call-out Rota
- To liaise with and take responsibility for on-site external engineering contractors/consultants to ensure all activities are conducted in line with agreed procedures and protocols
- Ensuring that all documentation is kept up to date and reflects correct validated status
- To provide support to Electrical and Mechanical engineering when appropriate
Ideally having served a recognised Instrument craft/technician apprenticeship complete with supporting qualifications plus:
- An HNC/HND or an equivalent electrical engineering qualification is also highly desirable, but consideration will be given to candidates with lower technical qualifications who can demonstrate relevant experience
- Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years’ post-apprenticeship experience within a process-oriented industrial environment
- Familiarity with standard industrial electrical LV infrastructure, process Instrumentation, and variable speed drives. Siemens PLC, BMS and SCADA systems would also be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge or previous experience of cGMP compliance, deviation management, change control and process improvement programmes
- Self-motivated, able to work without supervision
- Team player with good communication skills
- Good attention to detail especially in computer and written work
The candidate will be challenged with the responsibility of multi-tasking, diverse workloads, and balancing daily priorities in line with the demands of routine manufacture and engineering shutdown periods. Working in a highly regulated and controlled environment adds additional cGMP, GDP, and GEP challenges. There will be an expectation to further develop cross training skills to provide improved future flexibility within the Engineering Department
Albumedix helps biopharmaceutical companies improve patient outcomes with a range of albumin-based products and technologies that facilitate the development of superior biotherapeutics.
Albumedix develops albumin-based products and technologies for advanced drug and vaccine formulation, extended drug half-life and improved drug delivery. Our products and technologies are used in clinical and marketed drugs and out-licensed to pharmaceutical and biotech companies worldwide. With over 25 years’ experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, we have the scientific, technical and regulatory expertise needed to support companies in moving faster to market with superior biotherapeutics. We also use this expertise to strengthen our own drug pipeline.
Submit your application to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications: January 11th, 2019