- CURRENT VACANCIES
- DIRECTOR, VIRAL VECTOR APPLICATION RESEARCH
- Scientific Lead, Bioanalytical Chemist - Viral Vector Formulation
- Senior Research Scientist, Bioanalytical Chemist - Viral Vector Formulation
- Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Instrument Engineer
- Process Biotechnologist - Shifts
Albumedix is a recognized market-leading developer of albumin-enabled solutions for advanced therapies and next-generation biopharmaceuticals.
When you join Albumedix you’ll discover we care about you: Your career, your learning and development and your financial, mental, and physical wellbeing. It’s your excellence, and that of your colleagues, that will ultimately play a part in finding and delivering solutions to improve the lives of patients worldwide.
Our values of Strong, Flexible and Supportive are lived via our culture of friendly, talented and motivated people. We empower excellence because we want the best for you and for the lives of our patients.
We’re looking for a self-motivated Instrument Engineer to join a dedicated, supportive and valued engineering team at an exciting time when our business is growing, and our manufacturing operations are expanding. When our engineers aren’t working on the plant, the team is based in our beautiful, modern and newly renovated offices on campus – no ear defenders required!
In this role, you’ll be responsible for engineering maintenance activities to ensure our 24/7 manufacturing facility runs on schedule and to the defined standards.
You’ll also support small engineering projects and larger capital investments within a highly regulated and controlled cGMP environment. Since we operate in a 24/7 production environment, the role will also entail the provision of out-of-hours support via our call-out rota.
• Ensuring maintenance activities are carried out in compliance with cGMP’s, and Good Engineering Practices (GEP) and with the appropriate statutory regulations in a safe, compliant and timely manner
• Providing project Support for small engineering projects
• Contributing to and providing support as required for large capital investment projects
• Liaising with and taking responsibility for on-site external engineering contractors/consultants to ensure all activities are conducted in line with agreed procedures and protocols
• Ensuring that all documentation is kept up to date and reflects the correct validated status
• Providing support to Electrical and Mechanical engineering when appropriate
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFILE
Ideally having served a recognised Instrument craft/technician apprenticeship complete with supporting qualifications plus:
• An HNC/HND or an equivalent electrical engineering qualification is also highly desirable, but consideration will be given to candidates with lower technical qualifications who can demonstrate relevant experience
EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
• Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years’ post-apprenticeship experience within a process-oriented industrial environment
• Familiarity with standard industrial electrical LV infrastructure, process Instrumentation, and variable speed drives. Siemens PLC, BMS and SCADA systems would also be a distinct advantage
• Knowledge or previous experience of cGMP compliance, deviation management, change control and process improvement programmes
• Self-motivated, able to work without supervision
• Team player with good communication skills
• Good attention to detail especially in computer and written work
• Very attractive salary reflective of skills and experience, and generous call-out allowances
• A performance-based bonus scheme
• Defined contribution pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Private healthcare scheme with Company-paid premiums for single, couple and family memberships
• Optional exercise classes and other subsidised social activities
• On-site Certified Mental Health First Aiders
• Development and Training
• Financial Education
• City centre location, excellent access to public transport
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION:
Please send a CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: Friday 8th July 2022
Strictly no calls or emails from recruitment agencies, we’re unable to accept unsolicited agency CVs. Thank you.
ABOUT ALBUMEDIX – Dedicated to Better Health
Albumedix is a science-driven company and recognized leader of best-in-class albumin-enabled solutions. Established in the UK in 1984, with a mission to empower excellence, Albumedix has supported its life-science partners to deliver hundreds of million safe doses of clinical and marketed therapeutics, globally. Albumedix’ solutions include the world’s only USP-NF compliant recombinant human albumin (Recombumin®), client-centric development and compliance services and drug-enhancing technologies (Veltis®). By always striving for more and collaboratively challenging status quo, Albumedix enables the development and commercialisation of advanced therapies and next-generation biopharmaceuticals to the benefit of people worldwide.