Albumedix offers a unique opportunity for you to join an established biotech company and take part in enabling better therapies for patients worldwide, through our innovative products and technologies.
Albumedix is a fast-paced biotech business based in Nottingham and we are looking for a QC Microbiology
Technician on a temporary contract from 1st November 2021 to end of January 2023 to cover a maternity
Based at our manufacturing site in Nottingham, UK, producing rAlbumin Human, under the guidance of
the QC Manager, you’ll be responsible for the microbiological testing activities at the site. You’ll be working closely with members of the Quality, Manufacturing and Engineering teams and
engaging with a range of other colleagues and external suppliers, so you will need strong interpersonal
skills and be an effective communicator. You’ll thrive in this role if you have good attention to detail and
a willingness to learn.
This is an exciting time to join us as we’re expanding our business and growing our workforce. You’ll have the opportunity to play a part in our ambitious plans as we continue to grow and help more patients worldwide. We value our people and take good care of them: You’ll have immediate access to our generous benefits
and will feel like part of our team from day one. Our culture is supportive, collaborative, dynamic and
friendly and you’ll have everything you need to develop with us.
Key responsibilities include:
- Carry out routine microbiological testing according to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) including;
- Bioburden and coliform testing of utility samples
- Perform total viable count and purity testing of in-process samples and products
- Carry out routine GMP environmental monitoring in controlled and classified areas.
- Execute endotoxin detection tests (via EP/USP kinetic turbidimetric method) for utility samples
- General housekeeping (such as ordering media and chemicals, keeping the laboratories clean, removal
of waste), media makeup and stock control.
- Perform Gram staining and biochemical testing for full identification of microorganisms
- Be involved in investigational activities where basic microbial techniques are required
- Use of electronic databases for results input to assist trending
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to a minimum of A Level in Biology
- An interest in Science and a knowledge of general microbial techniques is desirable, but not essential
- Have good attention to detail in completion of paperwork and database entries
- Be motivated to learn
- Have a resilience to working under pressure with changing priorities and deadlines
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be able to connect and collaborate with a wide range of internal colleagues
- 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
- Attractive salary reflective of skills and experience, and a performance-based bonus scheme
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Private healthcare scheme – membership paid by the company
- Optional free exercise classes (currently Yoga and Pilates)
- Social activities organized by our Social Committee
- Excellent access to public transport
ABOUT ALBUMEDIX – Dedicated to Better Health
Albumedix is a science-driven, biotechnology company focused on enabling the creation of superior biopharmaceuticals utilizing our recombinant human albumin products. We believe in empowering excellence to enable advanced therapies and unstable drug candidates reach patients worldwide. We are proud to be recognized as the world leader in recombinant human albumin with products and technologies used in clinical and marketed drugs by pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Headquartered in Nottingham, England with more than 100 people all committed to improving patient quality of life. We are just as passionate about albumin and albumin-enabled therapies today as we were when we started 30 years ago.
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION:
Send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Application closing date: August 13th, 2021
Strictly no calls or emails from recruitment agencies, we’re unable to accept unsolicited agency CVs. We’re not able to assist individuals with visa sponsorship. Thank you.