Quality Control Analytical Scientist
Albumedix offers a unique opportunity for you to join an established biotech company and take part in enabling better therapies for patients worldwide, through our innovative products and technologies.
Due to an internal promotion an exciting opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated and experienced Quality Control Analytical Scientist to join our expanding business. You’ll be responsible for analytical testing at our manufacturing site in Nottingham (UK), where we manufacture rAlbumin Human.
Working closely with other valued and committed members of the Quality, Manufacturing and Technical
teams and engaging with a range of other colleagues and external suppliers, you’ll thrive in this role if you’re a QC professional with excellent verbal and written communication skills together with an in-depth
knowledge of analytical testing.
This is an exciting time to join us as we’re expanding our business and growing our workforce. You’ll have
the opportunity to develop your career and play a part in our ambitious plans as we continue to grow and
help more patients worldwide. We value our people and take good care of them: You’ll have immediate access to our generous benefits and will feel like part of our team from day one. Our culture is supportive, collaborative, dynamic and friendly and you’ll have everything you need to develop with us.
Key responsibilities include:
- All tasks are to be undertaken in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice
- Responsible for the compliant testing of production raw materials, plant utilities, finished products, and
product stability trials
- Responsible for maintaining laboratory system compliance to ICH Q7 standards
- Provide audit support during compliance audits (e.g. FDA, MHRA, Customers)
- Provide input for deviations, change requests, internal audits and meetings where appropriate.
- Identify and implement improvements to existing laboratory procedures as a part of an on-going
continuous improvement programme
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in any Science subject
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a QC Laboratory preferable
- Experience in AA, GC, HPLC, MS, Gel Electrophoresis, ELISA analytical techniques desirable
- Attention to detail in completion of paperwork and databases
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to connect and collaborate with a wide range of internal colleagues
- Knowledge of validation of test methods and lab equipment preferable
- Knowledge of microbiological techniques desirable but not essential
- 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
- Attractive salary reflective of skills and experience, and a performance-based
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Private healthcare scheme – membership paid by the company
- Optional free exercise classes (currently Yoga and Pilates)
- Social activities organized by our Social Committee
- Excellent access to public transport
ABOUT ALBUMEDIX – Dedicated to Better Health
Albumedix is a science-driven, biotechnology company focused on enabling the creation of superior biopharmaceuticals utilizing our recombinant human albumin products. We believe in empowering excellence to enable advanced therapies and unstable drug candidates reach patients worldwide. We are proud to be recognized as the world leader in recombinant human albumin with products and technologies used in clinical and marketed drugs by pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Headquartered in Nottingham, England with more than 100 people all committed to improving patient quality of life. We are just as passionate about albumin and albumin-enabled therapies today as we were when we started 30 years ago.
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION:
Send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: August 20th, 2021
Strictly no calls or emails from recruitment agencies, we’re unable to accept unsolicited agency CVs. We’re not able to assist individuals with visa sponsorship. Thank you.