- CURRENT VACANCIES
- DIRECTOR, VIRAL VECTOR APPLICATION RESEARCH
- Scientific Lead, Bioanalytical Chemist - Viral Vector Formulation
- Senior Research Scientist, Bioanalytical Chemist - Viral Vector Formulation
- Research Assistants, Viral Vector Applications
- Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Quality Assurance Manager
Research Assistants, Viral Vector Applications
Albumedix is a recognized market leading developer of albumin-enabled solutions for advanced therapies and next-generation biopharmaceuticals. As pioneers in our field, we understand the importance of fostering a creative culture and the innovative interplay between talented people.
As a fast-paced life science business, Albumedix is expanding and is looking for 2 Research Assistants to join a newly established advanced therapy medicinal products (ATMPs) application group within our Technology Group particularly focused on viral vector-based therapies.
As part of an interdisciplinary team, you will be a key member of the team assisting in executing Albumedix’ technical solution strategy related to the use of Albumedix’ products within the bioprocessing, formulation and characterization of viral vector-based therapies. You will work within a multi-functional team on both internal bioprocessing, formulation and characterisation projects and external services projects focused on using Albumedix’ recombinant human albumin-based products in the bioprocessing and formulation of ATMPs.
This role will appeal to you if you are an ambitious Research Assistant with a customer-focused mindset, and looking to become part of an innovative and thriving organization. We value our people and are especially proud of our collaborative and friendly culture – based on our values of being Strong, Flexible and Supportive. We continually strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, develop and be rewarded.
These roles will be based in our newly constructed, state-of-the-art Technology Center located on the Albumedix Campus in Nottingham with flexibility for some hybrid working (to be discussed at interview).
• Independently run developed assays such as HPLC, electrophoresis, light scattering and spectrophotometric assays according to protocols to assess the ability of Albumedix’ product to stabilise
• Independently run bioprocessing methods for viral vectors
• Perform preliminary data analysis with an understanding of the measurement to assess data integrity
• Depending on experience independently troubleshoot basic analytical assays, bioprocessing methods and provide support with assay development/optimization
• Prepare reagents and buffers for supporting ATMP bioprocess, formulation and characterisation projects
• Ensure the formulation and characterisation lab equipment and working environment is maintained in good, clean working order and where required repairs are arranged quickly
• Ensure that a safe working environment is always maintained by the implementation of Albumedix Ltd EH&S policies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFILE
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity we’re looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
• Graduate with study in one of the Biological Sciences or school leaver with >3 years experience in the bioprocessing, formulation or characterisation of viral vectors
• Open to new ideas and tasks, high willingness to learn and a hands-on mentality
• Team player with strong motivation, inter-personal skills and excellent communication abilities
• Competencies relevant for the role include: Attention to detail, Caring for Standards, Teamwork and Flexibility
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Attractive salary reflective of skills and experience, and a performance-based bonus scheme
• Defined contribution pension scheme
• Private healthcare scheme
• Optional exercise classes and other social activities
• Excellent access to public transport
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION:
Please send a CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
Application closing date: 28th March, 2022
Note that we reserve the right to bring the closing date forward should we receive a significant number of suitable applications before the advertised closing date.
• Strictly no calls or emails from recruitment agencies - we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from agencies
• We’re not able to assist individuals with visa sponsorship
ABOUT ALBUMEDIX – Dedicated to Better Health
Albumedix is a science-driven, biotechnology company focused on enabling the development and manufacture of advanced therapies and next-generation biopharmaceuticals through its innovative albumin-based solution platform, including its highest quality Recombinant Human Albumin products, hands-on Compliance and Development Services, as well as proprietary drug delivery technology.
We believe in Empowering Excellence to enable transformative and otherwise unviable therapies reach patients worldwide. We are proud to be recognized as the world leader in recombinant human albumin with products and technologies used in clinical and marketed drugs by pharmaceutical companies worldwide.
Headquartered in Nottingham, England with more than 100 people all committed to improving patient quality of life. We are just as passionate about albumin and albumin-enabled therapies today as we were when we started 30 years ago.