Research Scientist - Bioanalytical Chemistry
Albumedix offers a unique opportunity for you to join an established biotech company and take part in enabling better therapies for patients worldwide, through our innovative products and technologies.
Albumedix is an expanding and fast-paced biotech business based in Nottingham and we’re looking for a Research Scientist to join the Viral Vector team within our technology group.
This exciting new role will appeal to you if you’re customer-focused and want to work as part of a motivated and dedicated team supporting application development in the characterization of viral vectors.
This is an exciting time to join us as you’ll have the opportunity to progress your career and play a part in our ambitious plans as we continue to grow and help more patients worldwide. The role will be based in our new laboratories located on the Albumedix campus in Nottingham.
We have a strong culture, that is supportive, collaborative and friendly and we encourage our employees to learn, grow and develop their skills and knowledge.
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform preliminary data analysis with an understanding of the measurement to assess data integrity, applying a good practical and theoretical understanding of Biophysical characterization techniques and theory
- Independently run developed assays such as HPLC, electrophoresis and spectrophotometric assays according to protocols
- Perform analytical light scatter techniques
- Independently troubleshoot basic analytical assays
- Provide support with assay development/ optimization
Qualifications and Experience
- You will be a graduate in analytical chemistry or a similar bioanalytical subject, with a minimum 3 years industry experience within a bioanalytical laboratory, ideally from a CRO or client-focused company. We will also consider recent PhDs with a background in biophysical characterization
- Competencies for the role include: Customer focus, Planning & Prioritizing, Attention to detail, Teamwork and Flexibility
- 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
- Attractive salary reflective of skills and experience, and a performance-based bonus scheme
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Private healthcare scheme
- Optional exercise classes and other social activities
- Excellent access to public transport
ABOUT ALBUMEDIX – Dedicated to Better Health
Albumedix is a science-driven, biotechnology company focused on enabling the creation of superior biopharmaceuticals utilizing our recombinant human albumin products. We believe in empowering excellence to enable advanced therapies and unstable drug candidates reach patients worldwide. We are proud to be recognized as the world leader in recombinant human albumin with products and technologies used in clinical and marketed drugs by pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Headquartered in Nottingham, England with more than 100 people all committed to improving patient quality of life. We are just as passionate about albumin and albumin-enabled therapies today as we were when we started 30 years ago.
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION:
N2 Resourcing are recruiting for this position on behalf of Albumedix.
If you’re interested and wish to discuss this role, please call Simeon Ractliffe in confidence on 0115 698 0303 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your CV and Covering letter, and we aim to personally respond to you within 2 working days.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 15th January 2021
Strictly no calls or emails from recruitment agencies as we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from agencies, and we’re currently not in a position to help individuals with visa sponsorship. Thank you.