Research Scientist – Cell Therapy
Albumedix offers a unique opportunity for you to join an established biotech company and take part in enabling better therapies for patients worldwide, through our innovative products and technologies.
Albumedix is an expanding and fast-paced biotech business based in Nottingham and we’re looking for a Research Scientist to join the Cell Therapy team within our technology group.
This exciting new role will appeal to you if you’re customer-focused and want to work as part of a motivated and dedicated team designing and performing experimental investigations on the use of albumin on the growth, storage and cryopreservation of mammalian cell lines.
This is an exciting time to join us as we’re expanding our business and growing our workforce. You’ll have the opportunity to play a part in our ambitious plans as we continue to grow and help more patients worldwide. We value our people and take good care of them: You’ll have immediate access to our generous benefits and will feel like part of our team from day one. Our culture is supportive, collaborative, dynamic and friendly and you’ll have everything you need to develop with us.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and conduct experiments on the use of albumin in cell therapy applications and why it is beneficial
- Independently troubleshoot assays
- Provide support with assay development/ optimization
- Interpret results, prepare data summaries and reports and recommend future action.
- Ensure the cell laboratory equipment and working environment is maintained in good, clean working order
- Assist with day to day running of the laboratory
- Maintain up-to-date records and laboratory notebooks
- Ensure that a safe working environment is always maintained by implementation of Albumedix Ltd EH&S policies.
Qualifications and Experience
- A cell biology or similar life sciences graduate with relevant biological industry experience with minimum 3 years in a cell therapy lab or new PhD in a cell therapy area
- Mammalian cell and tissue culture experience, working under aseptic conditions
- Experience working with T cells, NK cells and/or iPS cells would be an advantage
- 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
- Attractive salary reflective of skills and experience, and a performance-based bonus scheme
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Private healthcare scheme – membership paid by the company
- Optional free exercise classes (currently Yoga and Pilates)
- Social activities organized by our Social Committee
- Excellent access to public transport
About Albumedix – Dedicated to Better Health
Albumedix is a science-driven, biotechnology company focused on enabling the creation of superior biopharmaceuticals utilizing our recombinant human albumin products. We believe in empowering excellence to enable advanced therapies and unstable drug candidates reach patients worldwide. We are proud to be recognized as the world leader in recombinant human albumin with products and technologies used in clinical and marketed drugs by pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Headquartered in Nottingham, England with more than 100 people all committed to improving patient quality of life. We are just as passionate about albumin and albumin-enabled therapies today as we were when we started 30 years ago.
How to apply:
N2 Resourcing are recruiting for this position on behalf of Albumedix. You can be confident we process your application and enquiries in a safe and strictly confidential manner.
If you’re interested and wish to discuss this role, please call Simeon Ractliffe in confidence on 0115 698 0303 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send us your CV and covering letter via the application link below. We aim to respond to you within 2 working days.
Strictly no calls or emails from recruitment agencies, we’re unable to accept unsolicited agency CVs. We’re not able to assist individuals with visa sponsorship. Thank you.