- CURRENT VACANCIES
- DIRECTOR, VIRAL VECTOR APPLICATION RESEARCH
- Scientific Lead, Bioanalytical Chemist - Viral Vector Formulation
- Senior Research Scientist, Bioanalytical Chemist - Viral Vector Formulation
- Research Assistants, Viral Vector Applications
- Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Quality Assurance Manager
Scientific Lead, Bioanalytical Chemist - Viral Vector Formulation
Albumedix offers a unique opportunity for you to join an established biotech company and take part in enabling better therapies for patients worldwide, through our innovative products and technologies.
Albumedix is a recognised market-leading developer of albumin-enabled solutions for advanced therapies and next-generation biopharmaceuticals. As pioneers in our field, we understand the importance of fostering a creative culture and the innovative interplay between talented people.
As a fast-paced life science business, Albumedix is expanding and is looking for a Scientific Lead to join a newly established advanced therapy medicinal products (ATMPs) application group within our Technology Group particularly focused on viral vector-based therapies. For this role, we would also consider applications from experienced Senior Research Scientists.
As part of an interdisciplinary team, you will play a central role in developing and executing Albumedix’ technical solution strategy related to the use of our products within the formulation and characterisation of viral vector-based therapies. You’ll be someone who’s comfortable working both independently and as part of a multi-functional team, and will take the technical lead in both internal and external service projects focused on formulation development and characterisation of ATMPs using Albumedix’ recombinant human albumin-based excipients. You’ll be our Subject Matter Expert for the biophysical characterisation of albumin and viral vectors.
This role will appeal to you if you are an ambitious and experienced scientist with a customer-focused mindset and someone who is looking to become part of an innovative and thriving organisation. We value our people and are especially proud of our collaborative and friendly culture – based on our values of being Strong, Flexible and Supportive. We continually strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, develop and be rewarded.
The role will be based at our newly constructed, state-of-the-art Technology Center located on the Albumedix Campus in Nottingham, with flexibility for some hybrid working.
• Scientific and technical leadership in formulation and characterisation of biopharmaceuticals, particularly viral vector-based ATMPs.
• Develop and lead plans for internal application research projects generating marketing data for the use of recombinant human albumin as a stabiliser for viral vector-based ATMPs.
• Develop and lead plans for characterisation and formulation development projects including excipient screening, stress studies and Design of Experiments.
• Liaise with and be the SME for customers on the use of recombinant human albumin as an excipient.
• Lead feasibility projects with customers on the use of recombinant human albumin as an excipient.
• Work in collaboration with our cell group to assess the critical attributes of Albumedix’ products in all application areas as well as to establish protocols for cell-based assays to quantify biological activity of viruses
• Monitor market trends in the formulation and stabilisation of ATMPs to ensure Albumedix is always at the forefront of the technology.
• Drive innovation and further strengthen our analytical expertise with a focus on virus formulations
• Identify and develop links with external collaborators in the fields of viral vector-based formulation and characterisation
• Present the use of albumin within the bioprocess and formulation of viral vector-based ATMPs to the marketplace.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFILE
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity we are looking to identify the following on your
profile and past history:
• PhD with a preferred area of study: Biophysics, Biochemistry, Bioprocessing, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related field together with at least 5 years experience in biophysical characterisation and formulation
• Strong background in biophysical characterisation and design of formulation studies, including the utilisation of design of experiments principles.
• Experience in the formulation of ATMPs, including gene therapies using viral vectors, their regulatory landscape, as well as supervising the execution of activities in BSL1/2 lab is an added advantage.
• Demonstrated track record of successfully leading and delivering complex technical projects, ideally within the CDMO or biotech/pharma sector
• Ability for critical thinking and implementation of scientific ideas into practice
• Open for new ideas and tasks, high willingness to learn and have a hands-on mentality
• Team player with strong motivation, inter-personal skills and excellent communication abilities
• Competencies relevant for the role include: Customer Focus, Managing Complexity, Innovative Thinking, Planning & Prioritising, Effective Communication, Resilience
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Attractive salary reflective of skills and experience, and a performance-based bonus scheme
• Defined contribution pension scheme
• Private healthcare scheme
• Optional exercise classes and other social activities
• Excellent access to public transport
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION:
Please send a CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: 18th March, 2022
Note that we reserve the right to bring the closing date forward should we receive a significant number of suitable applications before the advertised closing date.
• Strictly no calls or emails from recruitment agencies - we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from agencies
• We’re not able to assist individuals with visa sponsorship
Albumedix is a science-driven, biotechnology company focused on enabling the development and manufacture of advanced therapies and next-generation biopharmaceuticals through its innovative albumin-based solution platform, including its highest quality Recombinant Human Albumin products, hands-on Compliance and Development Services, as well as proprietary drug delivery technology.
We believe in Empowering Excellence to enable transformative and otherwise unviable therapies reach patients worldwide. We are proud to be recognized as the world leader in recombinant human albumin with products and technologies used in clinical and marketed drugs by pharmaceutical companies worldwide.
Headquartered in Nottingham, England with more than 100 people all committed to improving patient quality of life. We are just as passionate about albumin and albumin-enabled therapies today as we were when we started 30 years ago.