Senior Manager, Viral Vectors
Albumedix offers a unique opportunity for you to join an established biotech company and take part in enabling better therapies for patients worldwide through our innovative products and technologies.
Albumedix is an expanding and fast-paced biotech business and we’re looking for someone to head up the Viral Vector team within our technology group.
In this exciting new role, you’ll manage the viral vector/vaccine application research group and support the realization of Albumedix’ business objectives in enabling advanced therapies.
You’ll work closely with the Technology Group teams as well as the Market Development, Business Development and Project Portfolio Management teams to develop tailored solutions to meet customers’ challenges and satisfy market needs.
You’ll have the opportunity to progress your career and play a part in our ambitious plans as we continue to expand as a company and within the Technology Group while helping more patients worldwide. The role will be based in our new Technology Center laboratories located on the Albumedix campus in Nottingham.
We have a strong culture, that is dynamic, supportive and collaborative.
As leader of the Viral Vector Application group your role will encompass a range of responsibilities including:
- Line management of the Viral Vector Application group currently with 3 team members but with the expectation of growth within the application of albumin in both the production and formulation of advanced therapies / viral vector vaccines.
- Drive performance, inspire and empower the application team.
- Provide expertise in the production, particularly downstream processing, of viral vectors/vaccines.
- Participate in strategic planning for future growth and expansion in the viral therapies and gene therapy space
The primary responsibility is line management of the group, although the role will initially involve hands on laboratory experimentation for the realisation of the viral vector application projects.
Qualifications and Profile
- You will be a BSc graduate or PhD in biochemical engineering, biochemistry, or other life science subject with 8+ years industrial experience from development and production of final viral therapies with hands-on experience in the downstream bioprocess and CMC unit operations.
- A commercial aptitude, preferably with a contract service background of viral-based therapeutics, as well as a practical understanding of the CMC challenges faced with such modalities.
- Demonstrate strong team leadership, developing a team and managing performance.
- 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
- Attractive salary reflective of skills and experience, and a performance-based bonus scheme
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Private healthcare scheme
- Optional exercise classes and other social activities
- Excellent access to public transport
Albumedix is a science-driven, biotechnology company focused on enabling the creation of superior biopharmaceuticals utilizing our recombinant human albumin products.
We believe in empowering excellence to enable advanced therapies and unstable drug candidates reach patients worldwide. We are proud to be recognized as the world leader in recombinant human albumin with products and technologies used in clinical and marketed drugs by pharmaceutical companies worldwide.
Headquartered in Nottingham, England with more than 100 people all committed to improving patient quality of life. We are just as passionate about albumin and albumin-enabled therapies today as we were when we started 30 years ago.
Submit an Application:
N2 Resourcing are recruiting for this position on behalf of Albumedix. You can be confident we process your application and enquiries in a safe and strictly confidential manner.
If you’re interested and wish to discuss this role, please call Simeon Ractliffe in confidence on 0115 698 0303 or email: email@example.com
To apply, please send us your CV and covering letter via the application link below. We aim to respond to you within 2 working days.
- Strictly no calls or emails from recruitment agencies - we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from
- We’re unable to assist individuals with visa