Senior Process Engineer, Technical Support Group
Albumedix is a recognized market leading developer of albumin-enabled solutions for advanced therapies and next generation biopharmaceuticals
As a fast-paced life science company, Albumedix is expanding and we’re looking for a Senior Process Engineer to join our Technical Support Group and provide support for biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
This position is vital to ensure that manufacturing processes operate in compliance with cGMP and to implement process improvements with respect to yield, efficiency and/or robustness.
This exciting role will appeal to you if you’re analytical and keen to provide expertise and technical support to a large-scale biopharmaceutical manufacturing facility. This is a hands-on role with varied work and a 50-50 split between practical and desk work.
Your competencies will include the ability to analyze problems and to develop and implement optimal solutions. It is important that you are flexible and able to respond and adapt to varied situations whilst remaining effective in meeting the changing requirements of the work. You’ll need to have the capacity to work to tight deadlines, work collaboratively with colleagues and be an effective communicator, as the role will include interaction with colleagues across the business and may also include communicating to our customers. A sense of humor will be welcomed – we work hard here and take the work, but not ourselves, too seriously!
Albumedix is home to over 100 fantastic colleagues. For over 30 years, we have been a team of innovative, helpful, and talented people who have a strong community spirit. We are proud of our friendly culture, based on our values of being Strong, Flexible and Supportive, both as individuals and as a company Our teams are welcoming, respectful and enthusiastic. We encourage ideas, collaboration and opinions and every colleague is provided with the resources, care, and trust to do their best work.
The success of our colleagues is important to us which is why we invest in them through continuous personal and professional development, through financial and mental wellbeing initiatives, social events, charitable activities and by providing state of the art facilities
The role will be based in our newly renovated and modern offices located on the Albumedix Campus in Nottingham with the flexibility for hybrid working.
• Ensure that manufacturing processes operate in compliance with cGMP. Preparation and modification of production procedures and maintain Manufacturing Formulae.
• Perform and/or direct formal investigations of non-routine events or deviations raised through the Albumedix Quality systems. Report writing, identification and implementation of appropriate corrective actions.
• Perform and/or direct the trending and review of batch process data and contribute to continued process verification.
• Identification of process optimization activities and management of their implementation.
• Provide technical support to Albumedix capacity expansion projects, and provide process engineering input into facility design, modification, and optimisation.
• Hands-on equipment/process commissioning and validation support.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFILE
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity, we’re looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
• Degree level education (minimum) in a life sciences field, biochemical/chemical engineering or related discipline, preferably with an Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) qualification.
• At least 3 years’ experience working in biopharmaceutical manufacturing, technology transfer or related areas.
• Knowledge and experience of biotechnological unit operations and processes within the pharmaceutical/healthcare industries
• An awareness of GMP relevant to Clinical and API manufacture
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Attractive salary reflective of skills and experience, and a performance-based bonus scheme
• Defined contribution pension scheme
• Private healthcare scheme
• Optional exercise classes and other social activities
• Excellent access to public transport
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION:
Please send a CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 2nd December 2022.
• Strictly no calls or emails from recruitment agencies - we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from agencies
• We’re not able to assist individuals with visa sponsorship
ABOUT ALBUMEDIX – Dedicated to Better Health
Albumedix is a science-driven, biotechnology company focused on enabling the development and manufacture of advanced therapies and next-generation biopharmaceuticals through its innovative albumin-based solution platform, including its highest quality Recombinant Human Albumin products, hands-on Compliance and Development Services, as well as proprietary drug delivery technology.
We believe in Empowering Excellence to enable transformative and otherwise unviable therapies reach patients worldwide. We are proud to be recognized as the world leader in recombinant human albumin with products and technologies used in clinical and marketed drugs by pharmaceutical companies worldwide.
Headquartered in Nottingham, England with more than 100 people all committed to improving patient quality of life. We are just as passionate about albumin and albumin-enabled therapies today as we were when we started 30 years ago.