- CURRENT VACANCIES
- DIRECTOR, VIRAL VECTOR APPLICATION RESEARCH
- Scientific Lead, Bioanalytical Chemist - Viral Vector Formulation
- Senior Research Scientist, Bioanalytical Chemist - Viral Vector Formulation
- Research Assistants, Viral Vector Applications
- Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Quality Assurance Manager
Senior Research Scientist, Bioanalytical Chemist - Viral Vector Formulation
Albumedix is a recognised market leading developer of albumin-enabled solutions for advanced therapies and next-generation biopharmaceuticals. As pioneers in our field, we understand the importance of fostering a creative culture and the innovative interplay between talented people.
As a fast-paced life science business, Albumedix is expanding and is looking for a Senior Research Scientist to join a newly established advanced therapy medicinal products (ATMPs) application group within our Technology Group particularly focused on viral vector-based therapies. For this role, we would also consider applications from experienced Research Scientists.
As part of an interdisciplinary team, you will play a central role in executing Albumedix’ technical solution strategy related to the use of our products within the bioprocessing, formulation and characterisation of viral vector-based therapies. You’ll be someone who’s comfortable working both independently and within a multi-functional team, with the potential to take technical lead in both internal formulation/bioprocessing projects and external services projects focused on formulation development and characterisation of ATMPs using Albumedix’ recombinant human albumin-based excipients.
This role will appeal to you if you are an ambitious and experienced scientist with a customer-focused mindset, and looking to become part of an innovative and thriving organisation. We value our people and are especially proud of our collaborative and friendly culture – based on our values of being Strong, Flexible and Supportive. We continually strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, develop and be rewarded.
The role will be based in our newly constructed, state-of-the-art Technology Center located on the Albumedix Campus in Nottingham with flexibility for some hybrid working.
• Execute internal and customer projects in the field of formulation and characterisation for viral vector based advanced therapy medicinal products (ATMPs), including DOE formulation development, stability studies and stress testing of virus formulations
• Develop and execute scientific work plans (including implementation of new analytical methods), report the data, and communicate within the project team and to the clients
• Establish protocols and perform analytical characterisation of viruses, viral vectors and vaccines formulated in albumin using a range of analytical technology, e.g. dynamic light scattering (DLS), particle imaging, AF4, SEC-MALS, chromatography, spectrophotometric analysis and other methods
• Work in collaboration with our cell group to establish protocols for cell-based assays to quantify biological activity of viruses and Real-time PCR (qPCR) assays for quantification of physical virus titers
• Drive innovation and further strengthen our analytical expertise with a focus on virus formulations
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFILE
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity we’re looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
• PhD with a preferred area of study: Biophysics, Biochemistry, Bioprocessing, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related field
• Strong background in biophysical characterisation with industrial experience in the field of ATMPs, and/or formulation development and/or CMC unit operations of viral vectors or viral vaccines preferred
• Demonstrated track record of successfully delivering complex technical projects, ideally within the CDMO or biotech/pharma sector
• Ability for critical thinking and implementation of scientific ideas into practice
• Open to new ideas and tasks, high willingness to learn and have a hands-on mentality
• Team player with strong motivation, inter-personal skills and excellent communication abilities
• Competencies relevant for the role include: Customer focus, Planning & Prioritising, Attention to detail, Teamwork and Flexibility
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Attractive salary reflective of skills and experience, and a performance-based bonus scheme
• Defined contribution pension scheme
• Private healthcare scheme
• Optional exercise classes and other social activities
• Excellent access to public transport
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION:
Please send a CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
Application closing date: 28th March, 2022
Note that we reserve the right to bring the closing date forward should we receive a significant number of suitable applications before the advertised closing date.
• Strictly no calls or emails from recruitment agencies - we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from agencies
• We’re not able to assist individuals with visa sponsorship
ABOUT ALBUMEDIX – Dedicated to Better Health
Albumedix is a science-driven, biotechnology company focused on enabling the development and manufacture of advanced therapies and next-generation biopharmaceuticals through its innovative albumin-based solution platform, including its highest quality Recombinant Human Albumin products, hands-on Compliance and Development Services, as well as proprietary drug delivery technology.
We believe in Empowering Excellence to enable transformative and otherwise unviable therapies reach patients worldwide. We are proud to be recognized as the world leader in recombinant human albumin with products and technologies used in clinical and marketed drugs by pharmaceutical companies worldwide.
Headquartered in Nottingham, England with more than 100 people all committed to improving patient quality of life. We are just as passionate about albumin and albumin-enabled therapies today as we were when we started 30 years ago.